Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2012

Siem Reap - Angkor Wat

Suasdey,

one of the most amazing things I have ever seen!

Angkor Wat!

Marlena and me got up at 4am to go there before sunset. We wanted to see this amazing architecture touching the first light of a new day. And we did it! our TukTuk driver got us at 5am from the hotel and after 30 min ride we arrived at the temple. Our driver took us around the whole day for just 12$! He was pretty nice, even drinking water was inclusive kkkk




In the pictures you see most of the time just temples, me and nature. But there were about 300 tourists waiting for the sunset. I felt like visiting a big concert or if I am waiting for a celebrity at the red carpet. But during the sunrise I forgot all the people around me and enjoyed this amazing spectacle!


It was so cool watching the light coming to wake up the temple which was built in the 10th century. So he is very very very old. And you can see the time. All these years made it hard for the temple to hold his stones together kkkkk

Anyway, after the sunrise we started to explore the temple. I think in germany we were allowed to walk on strict paths, but here in Cambodia you can go wherever you want, you can climb the walls, sit on the balustrade and make a picnic next to Buddha! It was amazing!






Yeah, the sky is the limit!



He and his friends tried to protect the temple... I think in former times he had all of his arms kkkk


This is a very interesting stone..... anyway, after seeing this we went on to visit the temple town next to the world famous Angkor Wat!

4 Kommentare: